50th Death Anniversary of Korngold

Reviews,comments,suggestions on Korngold's discography

Moderator: fireatheart

Raymond CHENG

50th Death Anniversary of Korngold

Post by Raymond CHENG » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:59 am

Does any one know if anything is planned to mark
the 50th anniversary of Korngold's death in 2007?
Raymond CHENG
Brendan G Carroll

Post by Brendan G Carroll » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:59 am

Watch this space....
crazyspinto
Regular visitor

Post by crazyspinto » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:13 pm

Maybe some of us will just go ahead and start something ... !
juizquie

Korngold, 50th Anniversary in Chile!!

Post by juizquie » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:25 am

I'm from Chile, so, sorry because my english's not very good. I'm doing a little for next year rehearsing the songs with a singer (I play the piano) and the violin sonata, probably many movies with his music will be screened at my university (with introductions that I'll make) and meaby something else, some talk about him with the goethe institut or the austrian embassy, i'm lobbying right now. I'm doing this in Chile, a very small country where just this year pleople heard korngold for the first time in a concert, with the local symphony orchestra playing the violin concerto because they couldn't play the stravinsky one, so the violinist (very good) insisted in the korngold one.
Meaby we could all do something, small or big, but something.
bye
An Anonymous Musician
Regular visitor

Post by An Anonymous Musician » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:19 pm

We should try to get AMPAS to do a tribute at the Oscars. He got a little nod at the ceremony a few years back when John Williams did a brief film-score medley that included a snippet from Sea Hawk (you can watch it on YouTube). I don't know how receptive they would be to the idea though; they might have already filled up all of the show’s extra time with an encore performance of “It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp,” but it’s worth a try.