American Source for Korngold Scores

General questions regarding E.W.Korngold

Moderator: fireatheart

jimjennings
Regular visitor

American Source for Korngold Scores

Post by jimjennings » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:14 am

I am disappointed in the orchestral score I purchased from Kalmus via "Sheet Music Plus" here in the States. It looks like a photographic reducton of a handwritten score and it is quite difficult to read. Is this the only American source for Korngold's music? -------- Also, can someone explain the following? ---- I purchased a score of the suite of incidental music to Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing". However, I have heard Korngold's own arrangement of this for Piano and Violin. The 3rd movement of that is for the scene in The Garden. In the orchestral score this movement is VERY short, just a two-page Intermezzo. Did EWK purposely expand this movement for the Piano & Violin arrangement?
Jim Jennings
brendan g carroll
Regular visitor

Korngold's OPUS 11

Post by brendan g carroll » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:47 am

First of all, the main source of Korngold's published music in the USA is European American. I regret I do not have the address to hand but Google will surely bring up the website or you may send an email to Schott. The website there is:-
www.schott-musik.com

Second, Korngold combined different sections of the Opus 11 incidental music when assembling his suite for Violin & Piano. It is really too complicated for me to explain here. If you are a musician, I suggest you get hold of the complete score via inter library loan and make the comparison.

Hope that helps.