Heinz Roemheld and Korngold

General questions regarding E.W.Korngold

Moderator: fireatheart

Peter Timoney
Regular visitor

Heinz Roemheld and Korngold

Post by Peter Timoney » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:03 pm

Hiya

Does anyone know when Korngold became friends with the Universal composer Heinz Roemheld. I have been wondering whether his score for the Black Cat, full of reworkings of music by composers like Schumann, Chopin, Tchaikovsky and,of course, Liszt could have had any influence on Captain Bloods use of Liszt--Not the film of course, but Roemheld..
I know serious minded people and genuine historians should never involve themselves in such trifling conjectures. As a childhood devotee of the Black Cat score it would be so nice if there could be any link with my favourite film composer.

Sorry for lowering the intellectual tone a bit

Peter
Brendan G Carroll

Roemheld

Post by Brendan G Carroll » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:18 pm

Korngold met HR in late 1934, because HR spoke German and was very helpful to him at the music dept during AMNDR. Does that help you?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:53 pm

Yes, thank you. I know it is little more than a speculative parlour game to make any link between Roemhelds Black Cat score and some of Korngolds concert work borrowings, but 1934 was the year of Black Cat and perhaps....! perchance to dream.

Peter
steven

Roemheld/Korngold

Post by steven » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi Peter, you might want to check the North Hollywood Alumni Association, www.nhhsalumni.com Roemheld's daughter Ann Cullen Roemheld attended there in the 40's & they might be able to put you in touch with her
Bernd.O.Rachold
Regular visitor

Post by Bernd.O.Rachold » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi, Korngoldians and Roemheldians, while we all know that EWK scored the "Separation"-sequence in HEARTS DEVIDED, 1936, for his hard-pressed composer-friend Heinz Roemheld during the
orchestra recordings of his own GIVE US THIS NIGHT-musical
I would like to know why several sources name EWK as composer of Roemheld´s and Bernhard Kaun´s THE STORY OF LOUIS PASTEUR,
same year? Bernd, Korngold-Archive.-