New Releases from Tsunami

Reviews,comments,suggestions on Korngold's discography

Moderator: fireatheart

Anonymous korngold friend

Post by Anonymous korngold friend » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:12 am

Next month, the label Tsunami probably will release 3 new Korngold-CD's.
And in spring 2006 there will be release further titles. Does anybody knows something about the titles?
GeneHal
Regular visitor

Post by GeneHal » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:01 pm

Removed
Last edited by GeneHal on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
fireatheart
Regular visitor

Post by fireatheart » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:50 pm

I'm a little surprised by this news, as I was told for some years that Tsunami Records no longer existed, an information confirmed by the fact I haven't seen any new releases from them in a loooong time.
Furthermore, a search on the net came up with nothing.

Forum hoax, anyone?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm

You can go to the homepage of first floor entertainment in germany.
The information about the new releases comes directly from there.
fireatheart
Regular visitor

Post by fireatheart » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:05 pm

Huh, ok, I'm ridiculed enough as it is (I knew there was a chance, but what the hell...) so how's this: I would LOVE to go to First Floor's Homepage and read that information. I searched "Tsunami Records", "First Floor" and even "ceraton.com" (which is mentionned on a previous Tsunami Korngold release) on google, and came up with nothing relevant (ceraton.com doesn't seem related to Tsunami), so how about giving us the address of said site and... the titles of these soon to be mysterious Korngold releases?

Thanks in avance! :?

link from Tsunami-Label

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:26 pm

http://www.firstfloor-entertainment.de/firstfloor/
This ist address from the label Tsunami. The information about the upcoming mysterious releases comes from there, as I asked by E-Mail. I also didn't understand why the titles being so secret.
fireatheart
Regular visitor

Post by fireatheart » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:09 pm

Damn,

Now I'm REALLY red with shame! :oops: (see? I told you.) I think I'll go and hide under a rock... until those new Korngold titles are released that is!

Thanks, Mr. Anonymous Korngold Friend! :D

P.S.: can one delete some of my previous posts so I don't have to live with everyone knowing I wrote them? No? :(

suggestions

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:30 am

And now the first suggestions about the releases:
Juarez, The Prince and the Pauper and The Private Lifes of Essex....
Maybe its true....Do you have another thoughts?- Give a tip...
fireatheart
Regular visitor

Post by fireatheart » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:49 am

I'm not clear enough on what's available and what's not as vintage material, and also on how much music was actually composed for some yet unreleased titles. All I'll offer is 1° your guesses are as good as any, and 2° I'll add to them King's Row (available as a bootleg), Another Dawn, and (my best guess!) a compilation of odds and ends from various unreleased soundtracks, or at least unreleased as original soundttracks, similar to what's on the Warner's compilation, only more extensive.
By the way, the Varese King's Row is being sold for 30 $ on Ebay: is this out of print?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:05 pm

As far as I could see it, "King's Row" :D :D isn't out of print. Its available at www.jpc.de or www.amazon.de. The label disconforme has released two cds with soundtrack material composed by Korngold. For example one CD is called "Captain Blood". It contains music from The prince and the pauper, The Sea Hawk, The Sea Wolf, Juarez, Kings Row, Between two worlds, of Human Bondage and Deception.
Brendan G Carroll

To put you out of your misery...

Post by Brendan G Carroll » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:50 pm

Tsunami does indeed exist & will release more Korngold. These will be oroginal performances conducted by him, from the original scoring sessions.

I do not know which films will be released first, but when I do, I will post details here.

The KINGS ROW cd you mention is a fine modern recording conducted by Charles Gerhardt.

I do know that Tsunami hopes to issue the complete soundtrack performance conducted by EWK in the near future.
fireatheart
Regular visitor

Post by fireatheart » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:25 am

We're now 3 months later, and still no releases from Tsunami... right? :(